MATHS AT ST MARY'S
Our Vision Statement for Maths:
Here at St Mary's RC Primary School we aim to develop:
- A positive attitude to Mathematics as an interesting and valuable subject
- An understanding of mathematics through a process of enquiry reasoning and problem solving.
- A range of learning strategies working, cooperatively, collaboratively and independently.
- Confidence in Mathematics where children can express ideas fluently and talk about the subject using mathematical language.
- An understanding of the importance of Mathematics in everyday life.
Link to Maths National Curriculum Document:
The National Curriculum for Mathematics aims to ensure that all pupils:
become FLUENT in the fundamentals of mathematics, including through varied and
frequent practice with increasingly complex problems over time, so that pupils develop
conceptual understanding and the ability to recall and apply knowledge rapidly and
REASON mathematically by following a line of enquiry, conjecturing relationships and
generalisations, and developing an argument, justification or proof using mathematical
SOLVE PROBLEMS by applying their mathematics to a variety of routine and non routine problems with increasing sophistication, including breaking down problems into
a series of simpler steps and persevering in seeking solutions.
St Mary's Maths Calculation Policy
TIMES TABLES ROCKSTARS
All pupils have a login for Times Tables rockstars and they can login at school or at home. If your child cannot remember their login, please contact your class teacher and they will let you know what this is.
We are trying to ensure that all our pupils are fluent with the multiplication and division facts in order to increase their speed when calculating and problem solving and this is a fun was which engages our pupils in Maths activities.
Please click on the link below to access the TT Rockstars website.